Vacation care: 555-101-099V
Before / after school care: 555-009-288T
Over time, we’ve designed and adapted programs to meet the high standards of today’s world of education.
By providing a supportive environment, we make sure each child receives exactly what they need.
In accordance with school and community needs, the services provided include Before School Care, After School Care, Vacation Care and Pupil Free Days Care.
Our educators are committed to providing a quality, interesting program where children can enjoy structured and unstructured play and a wide range of varied activities that gives them the opportunity to explore, experiment and engage with each other.
We encourage children and parents to be actively involved in the planning, implementation and evaluation of our program so that cultural diversity is reflected and respected across the children’s activities and experiences.
Before school care
Before school care opens at 7:00 am.
We offer breakfast, which always includes a cooked meal or options of cereal, yoghurt, and fruit.
Children can then enjoy some relaxation and leisure time before they go to school.
Morning activities range from crafts, sports or playing inside with educational games.
Children in the Years of 1-6 are released at 8:30 am to walk to their classrooms, and all Foundation children are dropped off by a staff member to their classrooms at 8:45 am.
After school care
After school care opens at 3:05 pm.
The children either make their way down to OSHC on their own or are collected from their classroom if they are in the foundation year.
Children are signed in on arrival and have the option of choosing from a wide range of activities for the afternoon. The activities can include sports, crafts, science, dance, homework club or cooking!
Children are provided with a healthy cooked afternoon tea and given some relaxation time before they engage in free-choice leisure time. A late light snack at 5:00 pm is provided for children who are still in our care.
After school care finishes at 6:00 pm.
Our Vacation Care is a safe, supervised environment for children that offers a balance of structured and unstructured activities and excursions.
Children are encouraged to socialise, learn new skills, and relax with free and imaginative play.
Vacation care runs from 7:00am to 6:00pm.
Hours of operation and fees
The following rates will apply from January 9th, 2023:
Before School Care
7.00 am till 8.45 am
- 7.00 am to 8.45 am: $16.65
- 8.00 am to 8.45 am: $8.35
After School Care
3.05 pm till 6.00 pm
- 3.05 pm to 6.00 pm: $23.80
- 3.05 pm to 4.00 pm: $11.90
School Holiday Program & Pupil Free Day
7.00 am till 6.00 pm
- $71.65 full day (includes excursion/incursion costs)
- $35.85 half-day, 5 hours block (in-service days only)
Our centre is open 50 weeks per year (closed for 2 weeks over the Christmas / New Year period).
A late fee of $100 for the first 10 minutes and then $1 per minute thereafter will apply for children who are not collected by 6:00 pm.
No booking surcharge fee
As agreed upon through our Advisory Committee and approved by Governing Council, an additional $20 surcharge fee will apply if your child attends any OSHC session without a prior booking. All bookings are essential and whilst we understand that there will occasionally be exceptional circumstances, there have been instances where a child arrives and no prior notification through email or phone has occurred.
Absence due to illness
Your daily fee will be charged if your child or children does not attend unless a medical certificate with the child or children’s name is provided by 5 pm Friday of the end of the illness week. (Absences when a child is sick without a certificate provided, the full fee will be charged).
Child care subsidy
1. You are responsible for providing Centrelink with all relevant information to be eligible to claim the Child Care Subsidy. If you have any questions relating to your Centrelink benefits or entitlements, you must contact the Department of Human Services – Family Assistance Office on 13 61 50
2. If you intend on claiming any subsidy for Grange PS OSHC Services, it is your responsibility to supply Grange PS OSHC with correct CRNs (which differ between parents and individual children), dates of birth and names via the FullyBooked online portal. This information in the FullyBooked portal account must match the information given to the Family Assistance Office and be provided to Grange PS OSHC before your child’s attendance at the Service. All information you provide to Grange PS OSHC regarding entitlement to Child Care Subsidy must be correct, up to date and consistent with the information you provide to Centrelink. Until Grange PS OSHC can verify your entitlement to Child Care Subsidy, you are responsible for paying full fees and charges for use of the Service.
3. Complying Written Agreement (CWA) – to receive your Child Care Subsidy via your Centrelink account – Once you have placed your bookings with Grange PS OSHC it is your responsibility to confirm your Complying Written Agreement – CWA via your FullyBooked Account. You will then have to log onto MyGov to complete the Activity Test and accept the enrolment. Both steps will need to be completed for Centrelink to issue any subsidy.
4. The Grange PS OSHC Service is a fully approved service for Centrelink purposes and will submit the registered child’s attendances to Centrelink every Friday.